Thursday, June 13, 2019

Goodbye Yellow Brick Road


It's not possible to express my gratitude for AP Lang. Although Ms.McMahon aided me in becoming a master of words, simple syllables just aren't enough to encompass the personal growth this past year has provided me. However, in this blog, I'm going to try.

Here I hope you will laugh at failed attempts, smile at successes, and overall enjoy reminiscing in the journey AP Language and Composition has provided me. From the first rhetorical analysis to the final synthesis, from the pitiful first annotation to a novel in the margins. Lang has shaped me as a writer and taught me the value of observing and analyzing our world and seeing beyond the superficiality in the media. 
In more ways than one, H406 has become a second home. It is one of the few classes I have ever had the pleasure of experiencing that felt like a true community, not a classroom. It set the foundation for who I am now, and who I hope to be in the future.

I chose to theme my blog after one of my all-time favorite movies, The Wizard of Oz, because the universal themes inexplicably coincide. AP Lang allowed me to see courage, heart, brain, and more in a whole new light. It's a home, but more than anything, a journey. The yellow brick road to my future.

I leave a better reader, writer, leader, person, and student of whatever the world has to teach me. 

Elton John sang it best, 

"Oh I've finally decided my future lies, Beyond the yellow brick road."




Enjoy the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment